23. How to negotiate your commercial real estate lease like a pro
With Joseph Rossi
When it comes to negotiating a commercial real estate lease for your new or expanding practice, you’ll want to make sure your i's are dotted and your t's are crossed long before you start negotiating with a landlord.
And, luckily, we know an expert.
Meet our guest
Joe Rossi is the founder and managing partner of Joseph Rossi and Associates (JRA). With strong personal and business ties to the Chicago area, Joe has an innate understanding of the value of real estate and the importance of location.
Since its inception in 2011, JRA has earned a reputation as a top firm representing healthcare professionals. JRA offers services that address an increasingly diverse set of challenges faced by practice owners, and has completed over 350 real estate transactions in the past decade.
In this episode
- Factors you should consider when selecting a location for your practice
- How to determine what monthly rent you can afford
- Important lease terms you should know, like tenant improvement funds and lien waivers
- The ins and outs of construction in a leased space
- Common leasing pitfalls practice owners should avoid